Desjardins Dental Insurance, Blue Cross Dental Insurance, Manulife Dental Insurance, RAMQ Dental Insurance cover dental care, prescription drugs, and more.
Supplemental medical or dental insurance provides essential coverage for many people and can help pay for many common expenses not covered – or partially covered – by government plans. This protection is offered to:
- Employees whose employer does not offer group insurance
- Employees without group insurance
- Recent graduates who are starting their careers and are not yet covered by group insurance
- What is covered by dental insurance?
- How does dental insurance work?
- What dental insurance is for dental care?
- What is private dental insurance?
- What is the cost of private dental insurance in Quebec?
- How much does dental care cost in Quebec?
- Why do I need personal dental insurance?
- How to find the best dental insurance?
- How to get individual dental insurance?
- What are the benefits of family dental insurance?
- Can I buy dental insurance only?
- Can I buy dental insurance for children?
- How can I find dental insurance for 65 and over?
- What is the difference between private and public dental insurance in Quebec?
- How to reduce the dental insurance premium?
- Quebec Dental Insurance
- RAMQ Dental Insurance
- Where can I take out dental insurance in Quebec?
- The main private dental insurance companies
- Desjardins Dental Insurance
- Manulife Dental Insurance
- Sun Life Dental Coverage
- Blue Cross dental insurance
- What is the best insurance for dental care?
- What is the tax deductibility strategy?
1. What is covered by dental insurance?
Dental insurance is a type of insurance that helps cover the costs of dental care. This can include coverages like routine exams, cleanings, and dental procedures.
It can also help pay for things like x-rays and fillings. Dental insurance can be purchased as part of a group insurance plan or as a stand-alone policy.
The costs of these coverages may include the following:
- Prescription drugs
- Dental care
- Paramedical services, such as physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage therapy
- Hospital room (private and semi-private)
Dental insurance is an important way to help cover the costs of dental care. However, it is important to remember that dental insurance plans vary and not all plans cover the same things.
Be sure to review your plan carefully so you know what is covered and what is not. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your dental provider or insurance company.
2. How does dental insurance work?
Recurrent visits to the dentist are essential to prevent dental problems which, when they occur, can lead to quite high costs.
In Quebec, dental costs average $680 per year and per inhabitant, hence the importance of choosing the right dental insurance mutual.
Dental insurance plans are designed to cover some of the costs associated with dental care.
Typically, dental insurance plans cover preventative care, such as routine cleanings and x-rays, as well as basic procedures, such as fillings, extractions, and simple crowns.
Major procedures, such as root canals, bridges, and dentures, are often not covered, or only partially covered.
Sometimes dental insurance has a deductible, which is the amount you have to pay before the insurance plan starts paying, as well as co-payments or coinsurance, which is the amount you have to pay for each procedure.
Dental insurance is essential protection
Today, many people are hesitant to visit a dentist regularly so as not to have to spend a lot of money on dental care. However, it is an essential routine that avoids more serious dental problems and leads to significant expenses.
Indeed, tooth decay detected in time can easily be cured. On the other hand, late detection can result in long and costly treatment.
To avoid surprises, private dental insurance is your best ally, as it covers several expenses, including:
- dental supplies
- Dental analyzes and X-rays
- The maintenance of dental prostheses
Therefore, dental insurance is essential protection for you and your family.
It’s a way to ensure that you can afford the best possible care for your teeth and gums.
There are a variety of plans available, so it’s important to find the one that suits your needs and budget.
With the right dental insurance, you can have peace of mind knowing that you and your family will be able to get the dental care you need and deserve.